FBNUK is the international banking and treasury centre of FBNL, and acts as connecting hub between the group and its regulatory, financial and social partners. FBNUK equally provides world-class, cross border trade and investment services to institutions, corporates and individuals conducting business in and with Africa’s most dynamic and vibrant economies.
Our vision is to become the number one bank for cross-border Europe-Nigeria trade, and a top five bank for Europe-Africa trade. We build our reputation on a highly personalised client service, an unparalleled expertise in Nigeria and other African markets, and robust compliance and governance that takes a long-term view of our clients’ and our own businesses.
FBN Bank UK has been operating in the United Kingdom since 1982 as the London Branch of the First Bank of Nigeria (FBN) Plc.
It was initially established to service the UK banking requirements of Nigerian companies and First Bank Nigeria Plc.
In November 2002, the Bank was incorporated in the UK as a registered and a wholly-owned subsidiary of First Bank of Nigeria Ltd with offices in the City of London.
The Bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by both the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the PRA to provide a range of domestic and international banking and financial services.
Since then, FBN Bank UK has developed into a much broader business in the gateway to Europe and beyond for African banks, companies and high net worth individuals.
Having the right people working for FBN Bank (UK) ensures that we maintain our high standards of personal service. Leading our people and our strategy is the management team.
FBN Bank (UK) Ltd is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (www.fscs.org.uk), which gives 100% protection for the first £85,000 of a depositor's total deposits. Customers with joint accounts will be eligible to claim up to £170,000, view our information about compensation arrangements for further details.
Treating customers fairly
FBN Bank (UK) Ltd are committed to treating customers fairly, the main principles of which are:
- Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture;
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly;
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale;
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances;
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is both of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect;
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
You can view or download our current and past Annual Report & Accounts below.
- Download the Annual Report & Accounts Dec 2015 (PDF)
- Download the Annual Report & Accounts Dec 2014 (PDF)
You can find the Annual Report and Accounts for the First Bank of Nigeria Plc on their website.