Debit Card and PIN Security
Here are some of the tips to note concerning the use of your Debit Cards.
- Guard your Debit Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) like you guard your cash.
- Never write your PIN anywhere or send it via email.
- Prevent others from seeing you enter your PIN at the ATM by using your body to shield their view.
- Do not accept assistance from others at the ATM facility.
- Promptly notify FirstBank UK if your Debit Card is lost, stolen or jammed in the machine. Please call +44 207 826 3025 – open 24hrs
During online purchases from participating retailers, you will be prompted to register for 3D Secure.
This will provide extra security when shopping online and reduces the risk of fraud by prompting you for an Alpha Numeric password which you would have previously given to us as part of your account opening process.
Once you have registered for 3D Secure, you will not be permitted to cancel that registration, however, you can reset that password by clicking on “Forgot your Password” or by calling us on +44 207 826 3025 between 9am and 5pm, Mon – fri.
The service is an extra security feature of your card and is not intended to replace any security obligations in the Terms and Conditions of your FirstBank UK Debit Card.